Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reading on a Rainy Day

I recently had surgery and while it wasn't life threatening, it has caused about 10 days of bed rest, new medications, etc. In the meantime, I've been able to do to a LOT of reading (I should be writing, but not enough energy yet). SO...while some of the books I've read are NOT historical, most have been and I wanted to share them with you in the hopes that you will share some of your good reads with me!

First, I read Blood on the Moon by Edward Steers, Jr. The book is a gripping account of the Lincoln assassination and capture/trial of Booth and his co-conspirators. Reads very much like a novel and is very fast-paced.

Next, I'm reading Public Enemies by Bryan Burrough. This book is what the movie starring Johnny Depp by the same name is based on. Another fast-paced book, it follows the years 1933 and 1934 and how the different gangsters orbited around one another in various parts of the country and the birth of the FBI.

Let me know what you're reading!

Thanks!

Kristie

Battlefield Journal

Traveling Through History

No comments:

Post a Comment