Friday, February 19, 2010

Lisa Meyer Releases CD

We just heard from vocalist and United Daughter of the Confederacy Lisa Meyer. She wanted to share a great piece of news with us!

I am pleased to announce that a few months ago I was nominated in several categories for the 2009 Southern Heritage Music Association Awards. I just found out that I won in the Female Artist of the Year & Up and Coming Artist of the Year categories. Quite a pleasant surprise!!! My new CD – Voices Hushed and Still…a collection of Southern Songs and Rare Gems from the Civil War Period.

I was born and raised in Harrisonburg in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and now reside outside of Nashville , TN. I am a member of the United Daughters of the Confederacy - Kate Litton Hickman Chapter in Nashville and am a chairman for The Music of the Confederacy for the state of Tennessee. The CD layout was shot at the McGavock Confederate Cemetery in Franklin, TN.

The Song List includes:
The Homespun Dress
Old Folks at Home/Oh Shenandoah
Somebody’s Darling
Long, Long Ago
The Rebel Soldier
Slumber On, Baby Dear
Richmond is a Hard Road to Travel
Cruel War/Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier
Pray, Maiden Pray!
I’m Going Home to Dixie/Dixie’s Land
Home, Sweet Home
When Upon the Field of Glory

You can hear samples of the songs, download and/or purchase at: http://cdbaby.com/cd/lisameyer or can be purchased on EBay.com http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=370158705399

I hope you will support this project in preserving our Southern Heritage!

Sincerely,
Lisa Meyer
www.voiceshushedandstill.com

No comments:

Post a Comment